Did Jesus' Body Rot in the Tomb? Talking to Jehovah's Witnesses about the Resurrection of Jesus


Here is a conversion of two Jehovah's Witnesses I spoke to recently.
I approached them and calmly asked them what happened to the resurrected Lord's body. They both said that Jesus' body rotted in the tomb. Honestly, I was taken aback by this and just rolled with it. What they said is not official Watchtower doctrine, so it was quite bizarre. The official Watchtower doctrine is that Jehovah did not let Jesus' body see decay. But, Jehovah's Witnesses do teach that Jesus resurrected as a spirit creature and re materialized in different forms after his resurrection.
When I approach JW's I always like to ask questions about not being able to reconcile two things: Something the Bible said and something the Watchtower said. I then ask them to explain it to me because I'm confused. They consider themselves teachers of the Bible, therefore they are more than willing to help! But, in their attempt to help they open themselves up to hearing an opposing opinion and the actual truth.

Also, I really try to avoid rabbit trails which they are experts in. Two examples in this video of potential rabbit trails are 1) debating the instrument Jesus died on (cross/torture stake) and 2) what is death/does your soul continue to live on. This things are important to talk about but not when you are trying to make a larger point.

Please pray for two men.

The intro to this video is actually a clip of a video JW.ORG produced. It's a song from the perspective of their witnessing cart (I know weird!) but if you listen to the lyrics they could apply to me. It's supposed to be humorous enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

10 Questions to ask a Jehovah's Witness (or other cult member) to Help Open Their Mind

Approaching Two Jehovah's Witnesses to Discuss Christmas and Their Double Standard

The truth that sets free is Jesus!